Wedding Farm Window

6:28 PM

About a year ago, a friend gave me the heads up on a window on the curb for our town yearly spring cleaning. I snagged it and moved it 1200 miles last summer and it's sat for months but finally my project is done. It is a photo collage of my parents and grandparents' wedding photos and my husband's parent/grandparents' weddings. It turned out great I think. Some of the photos were owned my aunts and so some effort took digging them up, but I really like it all together.

So our kids can see their grand & great-grandparents on both sides.


I started by scraping the old paint/caulk off the best I could with a straight razor. I painted both sides with red floor paint. On the front I used a dry brush and painted black, leaving the red in the dents and worn places.

To attach the photos, I tape them on the glass from the back with electrical tape that I trim for a black border.




Each row is one side of the family:
<----parents data-blogger-escaped-groom="" data-blogger-escaped-of="" data-blogger-escaped-span="" data-blogger-escaped-the="">
my in-laws
parents of the bride------->




My side:
My parents in the center.
My mom's parent's on the left.
My dad's parents on the right.

My paternal grandparents didn't have wedding photos, so the photo in the window was taken after they'd been married a while. I got this one of them in a backyard, but the original is so small to print an 8x10 is so blurry. Maybe I'll find another one of them early in their marriage or figure out how to make this with minimal blur huge.
Farm Windows can be hard to find, so a big frame/ collage would be great too. I just like the idea of having all the wedding photos from the different generations.
I love the flapper wedding gown from 1929. Classic. She kept her bouquet and shoes she wore at her wedding her entire life--she died at 96 two years ago.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I'm glad that old window went to such a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,
    I love how you made this and I hope you don't mind if I use your idea too. I love the frames that I collected in Kirksville. I may need to get more. :)
    I use one of mine to hang metal snowflake ornaments in each square in winter and little glass balls with orchids in them during spring. I think that frame has 12 little squares.

    Thanks for sharing. I love how it turned out!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts