Pajama Pants

2:18 PM

Make Your Own Pajama Pants
 using your own pair for the pattern
This past week I taught a class for my church teaching how to make pajama pants without a purchased paper pattern.  Three of the people in the class were kids under 10.  They did great and were so excited to make their own clothes.  I made the instruction sheet for the class, and I'm sharing it here too.

Most people are most worried about cutting the fabric out.  This method cuts out 4 pieces, 2 fronts, and 2 backs.  I give myself 1/2" to 3/4" extra on all the sides for a seam allowance.  On the top and bottom, I give an extra 2". 

The class was Thursday, and we went to visit my inlaws this weekend.  My 4th grade nephew had bought flannel and also wanted to make his own pajama pants.

So I helped him through the steps, but he cut and sewed everything himself. 


He did a good job and was really proud when he was finished.  Pajama pants are a really easy project to start out with because it's basically just sewing straight lines, and they are very forgiving, no one will notice a crooked seam or little pucker on their comfy pjs. 
So if you have kids that are interested in sewing, it's a great project that they will love and be so proud to wear and tell everyone they made them themselves.
If you have any questions on the instructions, please email me and I'll try to do a better job of explaining:
Thanks,

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you making some great ones in high school. Still amazed at your talents!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Way to go teaching boys that they can sew too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the best craft blog EVER!!!! Thanks Jess. I can't wait to make some for Franny!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts