Baby Bedding

10:43 PM

My husband had an afternoon off and set up the changing table and crib.
The weeks are counting down until my due date, so the nesting phase has set it.

With my son, I made a real crib skirt.  But this time, I went with the quick and easy.  Kind of trash crib skirt.
I had extra red and white striped cotton from Ellaria's baby quilt to use for the bed shirt (it's from an Olivia (cartoon pig) line).  Rather than make the whole skirt going under the mattress and sides, I took the easy approach and just made two panels for the two sides of the crib that are visible.  I didn't even hem them, just serged the edges in white.  To attach them to the crib it gets even more ghetto.
MASKING TAPE 
To minimize the fabric to be used the the crib skirt, I kept them just flat panels rather than gathered ruffles, and taped them to the crib base.  I figure once she can stand up and we lower the mattress, I can just tape the panels higher, then when she's done with the crib entirely, I can use the fabric for something else.  Lazy and cheap.

Next I made 3 sheets for the crib using Dana's tutorial here.

The sheets are quite easy, just sewing straight seams and lacing the elastic through the casings.  I didn't sew the elastic all the way around on the flannel and cotton sheets, just on the two ends, like a lot of fitted sheets you buy.  Because fleece is a lot more stretchy, I did sew the elastic around the entire hem on that one. 

I'm glad those little projects are finished.  The crib sheets were a necessary but not that exciting project to complete, and it was nice to cross it off my "Projects Before Baby" list. 
Here's how Ellaria's corner is shaping up so far: 

You Might Also Like

19 comments

  1. It's very cute! I'm in my nesting stage also! My crib isn't nearly as creatively cute as yours is :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica, what a lovely room for Ellaria. I can't wait to "meet" her through your wonderful blog. Your spirit so reminds me of preparing for my girls so long ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting ready for a new baby is such a fun time. Love the colors you've chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! She will have the cutest nursery around. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love skimping on things people can't see :) It's so practical!

    I love the sheets, just don't have a baby anymore to make them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so cute! What a great idea - I love your honesty and your non-perfectionistic ways. Seeing what appears to be perfection in other blogs can really cause me to be paralyzed. Thanks for freeing me up to be creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely not a perfectionist! Lots of short cuts and "good enough". It can be discouraging to see all the perfection in blogs out there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE. My four year old's room is in red and turquoise and I think it is so cheerful! Yay for new baby!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting!! I really love the colors together! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so fab and I appreciate your honesty. I am also in LOVE with the quilt and a new follower to your blog, I must ask - where can I locate?

    ReplyDelete
  11. that looks great! i love everything about it! your blog is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the name on the wall so cool!! I am you newest follower. I would love for you to Guest post for me. Something Old or new would be awesome. If you have time.
    http://www.couturiermommy.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the whole concept! So pretty and so nice. Thanks for sharing this lovely idea.
    baby furniture

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely gorgeous nursery.
    find more Glider Sets here on nursery gliders

    ReplyDelete
  15. How Warmly You and your husband welcome new born baby by setting a wonderful You new Child beds, It really a unforgivable moment of life that you waiting for some which are in your own body....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts