Baby Journal

7:22 PM

This project is more for the idea than the skill involved to actually make it...

We've been keeping a journal for our son. The entries are in the form of letters to him. We started it long before we were pregnant. It's been a fun way to document his development and the landmarks in his life, and for him to know how excited we were when we found out we were pregnant, that he was a boy, that he was born, etc. I think it will a great thing for him later in life to look back and read.
It's just a .99 memo notebook. I used Mod Podge to glue photos and paper on the cover and seal it to protect them for long term use. In the inside cover I attached a large envelope to hold certain documents I didn't want glued/taped on a page. On the inside back cover is a little story of his birth with his footprints.
I hope this will a source to write down funny things little kids say, a place that can be a little sloppy in entries to have the info all together, unlike a scrapbook that should look nice and organized...plus I don't scrapbook. I also like the fact the entries are in our handwriting for him to have also. Also, I hope to keep this up throughout their childhood and so if I stay motivated, there will be a couple volumes as we fill up notebooks with funny stories, notes, and expressions of our love for our kids.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. What an awesome idea! I've been trying to figure out how to document Rory's life without turning it into a monstro scrapbook project that I'll start and never finish. I think I'm definitely going to steal this idea from you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts