Father's Day Gift: Rolling Couch Cart

2:31 PM

This is my dad.
(and my little sister Lynette)

About a year ago I bought my dad a little TV dinner wood table.
On our last visit I noticed it's trashed.

So I thought for Father's Day next month I'd build him a rolling couch cart.

The basic plan came from Ana White.
I didn't follow her dimensions or the plan really, as I was using scraps I had already.
Basically you can pull it up to eat on, slide it under the couch to hold snacks or a laptop, or next to the couch as a side table.

I used scraps from other projects to make the cart.
I chose to use ball casters to help it roll better on carpet.

Because each piece was a different material, I knew I had to paint it and just went with basic white.
1 coat primer, 2 coats semi gloss latex paint.

I thought I'd stock the shelves with containers of straws, napkins, mints, toothpicks, etc since I think it will be where he eats while he watches baseball this summer.
Happy Father's Day next month Dad!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. I need to make my hubby one of these. He is having surgery, and this would be perfect to store his goodies, meds, computer and stuff on.
    Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a smart idea! I always get ideas from places and then do it my own way (and with what I have) too! It looks great, and I'm sure your dad will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AWESOME! It makes me wish I could make one for my dad too! Being 3000 miles away, though, makes it difficult:)
    ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts