Tutorial: Stuffed Animal Backpack Using A Fat Quarter

1:00 AM


Eliie got this Velveteen Rabbit along with the book for her 2nd birthday a year and a half ago. 
 I don't think she touched it once because RJ loved it and never let it down, and Ellie was young and didn't seem to care.
1st grade starts this week and the first day is Teddy Bear Day where you can take your favorite stuffed animal.
So naturally RJ needed to sew "Rabbit" his own backpack to ride in for the first day of 1st grade.

{This is a moment where I kind of wish he didn't knew I could sew.}

But he drew me a picture of his idea and picked out a fat quarter of flannel.  
I had the nylon straps and buckle to finish it off.




On to school and I can't believe I will have a kid gone all day.
We will miss him!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. That is so cute! I love how the rabbit's head is out like a live animal carrier. I'm impressed that your son could design this. Must have had a good teacher/mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love that little animal head sticking out. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the little animal head sticking out the back. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute!! I've got a Craft Gossip post scheduled for tomorrow morning that links to your tutorial:
    http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-stuffed-animal-backpack/2014/08/13/
    --Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts