Bookcases

9:26 AM


This is a project that has taken me months, and I'm so proud to finally have it finished. I built the bookcases for my husband's giant book collection. I built two 4' wide cases, and two 2' wide cases. I built the narrow ones back in December in our garage when it was freezing. I would work for about 20 minutes before I would have to go back in the house to get my hands warmed up. I waited to work on the big ones until spring, which was a good choice. I was able to work much more efficiently without my hands going numb. 

I used Minwax Jacobean stain for the wood, and I backed them with hardboard that I painted grey. I love the grain of the wood, and I also like how the dark colors make the books look like they're floating.

Big project. All done. So happy.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Those look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks great...!!!! Nice project.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great! Amazing. I am envious of your skill. - Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I need to make me some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you guys! So glad you like them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the best part about this post is that my eyes were immediately drawn to the old-school Hardy Boys novels! Love the shelves!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts