Baby Voile Skirt

4:00 AM

IF YOU COULD TAKE A MINUTE AND ANSWER THE POLL ON THE RIGHT SIDEBAR I'D APPRECIATE YOUR OPINIONS ON DIGITAL PRINT-AT-HOME SEWING PATTERNS
I'm trying to evaluate sewer preferences for the next few patterns I'm planning to make.
______________________________________________________________________________ 

With the left over voile scraps from the ModCloth knock-off skirt, I made Ellie a simple elastic waist skirt.

I wanted a deeper color, and since voile is 100% cotton and would dye well, I added a little Rit teal, royal blue, and black dye to make it this muted slate blue.
 The blue worked well with the plaid blouse I made her last month.

The construction of the skirt includes lining, as voile is quite sheer.
The outer tube and lining tube were sewn together at the top, then the casing was created with the two layers, rather than folding the top down.   

I used the same lining from my original skirt, so it's silver but works fine.
I didn't hem the lining, just serged the raw edge.
This is a longer skirt for Ellie, hoping it will last a while!

Simple, quick skirts are nice for toddlers and a great way to use scraps! 


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. That's just too cute! I love that you both have matching skirts now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cute. And because it looks so gathered, the elastic could be loosened later for a less full skirt! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, cute skirt on a cute little girl.

    Second, for your poll on the sidebar--just thought I'd mention--I love it when a pattern has two parts--the print-off pattern pieces, and then the full-color-photo instructions in a separate file, so you don't have to print off everything at once. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet skirt! And I LOVE the second and last photos... so stinking cute! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! love the color you got with the dye - very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts