Suit for Hershy

8:54 AM


For the month of March, Jessica and I wanted to focus on men's clothing. We'll be sharing a bunch of tips, projects and tutorials for all the men and boys in your life. To start out, I'll be sharing a project I made for our little brother.

Hershy wanted an all-black western-inspired suit. So, of course, he needed all three pieces. The trousers have a single pleat to allow a little extra room. I did flapped welted pockets which were inspired by the costuming in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford. He chose a black on black floral satin for the vest. The jacket is my favorite part of all, because of the pick-stitching. It took extra time, but it was totally worth it. It just looks so handsome. I modified a vintage pattern for this suit. I altered the size to fit Hershy perfectly, and I added double vents in the back of the jacket,


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. this is so great, you are such an impressive seamstress! ...and i love that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so impressive! my husband has been begging me for a custom suit... some day though! love the topstitching, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHOA. You sewed a men's suit? I am super super impressed.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts