Finneus Sweater and Pants Baby Gift

4:00 AM



I have two friends that recently had baby boys.
So I thought it would be fun to make each of them a little outfit for this fall/winter.

A charcoal and mustard sweater with little baby dress pants.

I've been wanting to sew my idea for this little sweater with the two-tone collar for a while.

The shawl collar is inspired by Danielle's Little Man Tuck look that won Week 2 of Project Run and Play (season 3) she hand stamped the herringbone on that sweater too!
The contrasting buttons, wrists, and waist chunk are like The Daniels tee from Film Petit: The Birds.


These outfits are size at 12 months for this winter, but I tried it on Isabella just for fun.
She's wearing 6 month clothes right now, so I think these should hopefully fit these boys in a few months!
I tried to slick her hair down with a part on the side to look like a boy.
 Apparently she's not into cross-dressing.  
Yuck Mom!


 The pants are simple elastic waist baby pants.
I did add faux back flap pockets with gray piping and contrasting button to make them feel a little more dressy.

The shawl collar that folds into a button placket took me a few tries to get right.  
I cut the fabric on the bias and did the two-tone effect with a center-back seam.  
I hope the asymmetry of the split collar using two colors feels cool and modern, not like Two-Face or a jester or something.
My goal was to bring a fun twist into the shawl collar.

Either way, hope it works for the new baby boys!

You Might Also Like

28 comments

  1. I like the colors and the shawl collar! And Isabella is looking super adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Jessica! First of all Isabella is so beautiful and big already! And then congratulations on the baby boy outfits, it just made me wish I had a boy right now. =D And I love the mustard details so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! She is getting big. She's growing faster than my first girl!

      Delete
  3. These are adorable outfits !!!! And baby girl is too!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, these boy outfits are awesome! This details are perfect. I love the color blocked shawl collar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those outfits are SO, SO, SO cute! Awesome job.

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you see her cute pattern for the bay bedtime bags ??

      Delete
  6. Who says you can't do boy outfits with details that look so cool? I love what you did. Way fun, and different from a superhero t-shirt. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are super cute Jess! You do such a good job when you sew

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are so cute! I love the colors and the two tone collar. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the colors and the button placket thingy (yeah I'm technical;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww, cute! Love the collar and the colors

    ReplyDelete
  11. what classy looking baby boy outfits. I just so admire all that you are able to do

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a great outfit for a little boy - the mustard/grey combo is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! That collar is so impressive. It took me a while to figure out just the shawl...I can't believe you added the button placket too! And the detail on those pants...wow. Lucky friend to get this gift. Also, your daughter is so pretty that she is still very obviously a girl even in a boy's outfit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Danielle, it was a pain to draft! Or at least I felt like a big challenge for me. I actually kept thinking, "I stink at this! It only took Danielle two drafts, and here I am on #4!" I appreciate your comment on izzie looking like a girl. She looks really feminine to me with longer hair and eyelashes, but then the occasional people who say "he's a a cute boy" when she's wearing a pink dress make you wonder. :)

      Delete
  14. LOVE the colorblocked color! What cute little sweaters (and pants).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Propane is also a liquid lighter fluid for Zippo refillable lighters. Propane fuel has an even and odorless burn that does not affect the smoking experience.
    Thanks.
    Geburtstafel Kaufen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just had a baby boy (a little over three weeks ago) and this sweater is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just had a baby boy (a little over three weeks ago) and this sweater is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts