Baby Gift

10:56 PM

A friend just had her baby shower for her baby boy.  
So first I made some quick pacifier clips.
Two for her, and the other two are for my nephew.


For the other half of her gift I made a sleeper sack.
It doesn't have sleeves or legs to replace a swaddling blanket.  I saw something like this somewhere in blogland, but I can't remember.  So the idea for a peanut shaped sleep sack isn't my original, and it was before pintrest so I can't find it to give credit and didn't keep track.


But anyway, I made her a newborn sized swaddling sleeper thing out of navy blue knit with the stretch going width wise so the baby can move it's arms and legs but it will keep them snug to help them sleep better when they're brand new.

I tested it out on Ellaria, and she was too big for it, but you get the idea.  They stay snug and confined while they sleep but can still adjust.  I wish I'd made her some of these when she was a newborn.  We were going through all our receiving blankets trying to get one the right size to keep her from pulling her arms out and startling herself awake every few minutes.  I guess I'll be better prepared for the next baby.

For this little guy, the navy was pretty plain so I added a hedgehog applique from the lime knit.  I'm sad to say the applique turned out kind of crappy looking. 

I added the snap closure to prevent the zipper from poking baby's chin and zig-zagged the edges with the contrasting lime thread.

So together here's the little gift.

"Are we done yet mom?"

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. It's a Woombie. They're great!!
    I've been wanting to make one instead of having to buy them.
    What fabric did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snap I was going to say that it is a Woombie as well-they are the best thing ever-though even better to make one yourself or give it as a gift. Thanks for the great tute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting me know what these are called! I just used a cotton knit I found at the thrift store. It's thicker and has more stretch than most t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Can I get one for my four year old? Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok so i have been searching everywhere for those binky clips! where oh where did you buy them from??? please help! thank you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift! You're always so thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. can you share the size (width & length) that you made this? I don't have a newborn to measure and would like to make one for my new grandson. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I left the comment about the measurements - didn't leave email, sorry: mso104@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love ellaria's face in these pictures! It's like she is thinking "What are you doing to me, mom?" I have never seen/heard of a woombie but it looks awesome and I wish that I had had one when my babies were little!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Would love a detailed tutorial from you as you do everything so well! I've wanted to make one of these sleeper sacks ever since I saw the Woombies advertised, but wasn't sure of the size, shape or material elements:)

    Thanks for creating such an awesome blog...I love to try out your great ideas on my grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I, too, would love a tutorial on making one of these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it. It would be great if you posted the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would LOVE a tutorial on these. I have a max of 37 days until my twin girls arrive and I just have to make these for them now after seeing yours. Sorry for the deadline. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally laughed when you said that hedgehog was "crappy looking" because my initial reaction was "how fun and whimsical!"

    So I'll just keep my own opinion :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable! It looks like a little wet suit! Swaddling those babies is difficult. I don't have any of my own but have worked in the newborn nursery. Great solution!

    -caroline @ c.w.frosting

    ReplyDelete
  16. Many types of Baby Gifts are available and each of them will make the baby’s family equally happy. If you want to go with a traditional one then a personalized baby basket will be perfect. These baskets are filled with gifts and necessary items for the baby. You can personalize such a basket by simply adding or replacing some of the items.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi just found your cute site frompintrest. Love what you have made

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts