Berkshire Blazer

12:37 AM

Here's more details on the Berkshire Blazer from Blank Slate Patterns.

The blazer design stands out with the shawl collar.
Typically a shawl collar on a blazer is only for formal tuxedos, so this is an interesting twist on a formal-only element mixed with more casual details like the patch pockets and elbow patches.
Due to the casual design, I chose a black denim.  It's actually a stretch denim I've previously used for baby jeggings, but worked.



I wanted it to act as a light jacket, so I lined it with flannel.

I sewed a size 6 with the sleeves size 7 length.
I like to try to add length for room to grow.  My son's mainly just growing up at this stage, so I'll be able to lengthen the sleeves when they get Frankenstein-ish.

The dog is Grandma's along with the terrain.
We took the photos on her land, they call these sagebrush fields out in the desert "grease woods". 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. the denim/flannel combo is so perfect for a kid's blazer! you always do great outerwear, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Outerwear is probably my favorite!

      Delete
  2. the entire outfit is so great. that young man is so co-operative with showing the versatility of the garments. you have such a great eye for colors and different uses of fabric types.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all of these pictures. I still think he should be a model. Love all the color choices too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts