Orca Drawings

12:49 PM


I used to do tons of art, and I loved it. I would enter all of our local art shows, and I would spend my nights painting and drawing, but once I opened my tailoring shop, there just wasn't time for it. Then I had a baby, and there was even less time for art, and it has really been years since I've sat down and really tried anything.

Recently, a friend of mine was curating a local art show and invited me to be a part of it. I was really excited about it and the thought of drawing again just seemed fun. The theme of the show was RED, which makes me think of love and violence, so I decided to do a small series of Orca whales (also known as Killer Whales).  I think they're really beautiful animals, and they're smart and extremely emotional and they love their families.

I know I've made art that I like more, but it was wonderful to get out and try my hand at it again. I used ink and acrylic paint on heavy paper.






You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks awesome! I can draw a stick figure so these are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a gift for art. I cannot draw at all! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are pretty.
    My husband and I spent part of our honeymoon in the Orcas Islands, off the coast of Washington. We went on a whale-spotting tour and got to view Orca whales live. It was spectacular...one of my favorite memories!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts