Erin's Baby Shower

11:55 PM

Photobucket
My good friend Erin is having a little boy. We've been friends since we were 12 and I was really excited to make her some gifts. Lynette (my little sister) and I were combining forces and this was the outcome.

I planned it out and decided to go with blue and green, and we have a black combo and a brown combo. Lynette made the pants. Because this little guy will be born in November in the midwest, we lined the pants with flannel to be extra warm.

outfit #1
black.blue.green
argyle.
Photobucket

The idea for the argyle waffle knit sweater was inspired by MADEbyDana, one of my new favorite sewing blogs. Everything we used for this gift was upcycled fabrics. The argyle diamonds I backed with fusible interfacing and zig-zagged on. The black diamond stitching was normal stitching on the machine with a long stitch length. I also added a green stripe on the back for fun. The little leather black shoes complete the outfit along with the black corduroy pants. Here is instructions if you want to try them. They are actually pretty easy.


Photobucket







outfit #2
brown. blue. green.
owl. monster.Photobucket


I knew I wanted to try the freezer paper stencils for some onesies, but I knew I wouldn't be able to find a green and blue onesie with brown trim, and long sleeves. So I decided I would attempt to make some onesies. I used one of my son's as a pattern. These aren't perfect, but they turned out. For the snaps, all I had were pearly cowboy snaps. I put one on in the center of the owl onesie and it was so thick and strong, I just left a single snap. For about $7.00 I got a snap/ grommet hammer a while ago, and I've really liked it. I had a lot of fun designing the graphics and painting them on.

The little shoes for this outfit have a thick leather sole, and the upper of the shoe is the same chocolate fabric as the pants, lined with blue knit.

Lynette and I enjoyed making these little sets. The baby shower was amazing. The theme was brown/ blue with a bird punch everywhere. The killer was brownies that had blue powdered sugar birds stenciled on top. It was a baby shower decor and treats could have been featured in a magazine. Anyway, we hope Erin liked the little outfits!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Ohhh my gosh you guys are amazzzizng!!! I know what I want when I have a baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts