Side Table

3:36 PM

Lots of cute upcyled projects to check out.
Voting goes through the weekend.
______________________________________________________
A couple months ago I bought this old side table at a thrift store for $3.00
It was pretty scratched up, but still sturdy.  It is a weird style, but interesting.

I first primed it.  Then I was done painting my sideboard with the Behr Waterscape and used what was left on the side table.  I had planned to paint it black, and thought having the blue underneath might be cool to distress the black off to show the blue. 

So I painted it next with Glidden black onyx in semi gloss.
Then lightly sanded the edges.  Some areas actually show blue, but for the most part it just looks white.
But that's OK. 


You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Dude. Hop over to my blog right now and check out our current bedside table. It is exactly like yours with a longer bottom shelf! My grandparents had matching ones in their living room and somehow I ended up with one of them. Isn't that funny?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great find and nice job. I have a problem with my thrift store. At the local Goodwill here in town, that piece would go for a minimum of $15, maybe closer to $25. Nothing is cheap. (I'm talking $8 for shoes, $12 for purses, $4.50 for shirts...etc) What bugs me is, they get this stuff for FREE. How can they charge so much? It's just not right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how what was once a super outdated table that probably wouldn't have fit in anywhere but the 70s, suddenly looks AWESOME! Just from a coat of paint. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh...I like it, I like it! I can never imagine what a piece will look like refinished and you woudl probably GASP if you knew how many neat furntiure pieces I have passed by just beucase I don't know how it will turn out. This turned out fabulous! Looks so chic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts