Christmas Canisters...from Trash

5:00 AM

These decorative cans are super inexpensive and easy to make.
Using your trash, you can make some simple decor for the holidays.

I just saved cardboard canisters and lids:
the large can is an oatmeal, the tall skinny is a can of Pringles, and the short fat can was from nuts.

After cleaning out the cans, I spray painted them red, green and white.
To make the silver labels, I used painter's tape to tape off the rectangles then painted it with silver craft paint.
Then using a thin Sharpie, I wrote the holiday labels on the silver boxes.

For the lids, I bought little wooden drawer pulls from the hardware store.  Usually they are pretty cheap, $0.50 or less. I just used hot glue to attach them to the plastic lids.
Then I used silver spray paint for the lids.  If you have primer, I would recommend using it before the silver to prevent the paint flaking off the flexible plastic.

Pretty easy little set.  Hopefully people can't tell they're just trash with a spray paint makeover!
Right now they're empty, but I think I might put our holiday chocolates in there so my toddler won't know where it is to try to climb to get it, as he's been doing with the Halloween candy.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts