Her First Pair of Shoes

2:00 AM

I love it when people have their first pair of shoes as an heirloom.  My husband's grandma was 96 and still had her little white baby shoes from 1902 displayed in a shadow box when she passed away.
So I've been planning on making my daughter her own first pair of shoes.
These are her blessing shoes.  (I still need to make her a blessing dress)  It's her first important dress, so I thought it would be appropriate to have special shoes for the occasion too.
My mom made my wedding dress, and I have the scraps of the white satin, and have been saving them to add to my kid's stuff.  I guess when you're a hoarder and can't throw fabric scraps away, there are a few occasions where you're glad you dragged your wedding dress scraps all around the country for 7 years to finally be able to put a piece to good use.

The pattern and tutorial I used is by Amy at Home Spun Threads.
You can get the pattern for free here.  They're the ballerina baby shoes. 

You Might Also Like

17 comments

  1. Wow, they are so cute and very special looking. You have done a great job. Hopefully, she will have them in 96 years as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my lands. these are so precious!
    the little pleats are perfect :O)
    i'll have to look for some boy appropriate ones- were they hard to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. those pleats put them over the top cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE these shoes! And it is so special that they came from the same fabric as your wedding dress! Your mom did a great job on your dress by the way....not that I'm surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE these shoes! And it is so special that they came from the same fabric as your wedding dress! Your mom did a great job on your dress by the way....not that I'm surprised :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, they are precious. Good luck on the blessing dress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! great job! i've been trying to use the same pattern to make cute lil' shoes for my niece and, boy, isn't that ever so hard... you've got a really good hand... those are truly adorable

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sigh...so adorable! Things like this make me want a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love heirlooms too so I saved a lot of things I made for my girls. Your heart is that of a loving mother. It is so nice to see all the things you make for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking for something special to make a good friend for her baby, and these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! These are the moments that I wish I had girls!

    Becky
    www.liberatecreativity.com
    Unleash your Creativity

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are beautiful! I still have wedding dress satin and lace from my wedding, 15 years ago! Unfortunately my daughter is 7.5 already.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the link! I'm due in about a month with a girl and I already bought the fabric to make her blessing dress. I didn't even think about the shoes! I'm going to try these-they are perfect!

    By the way, I've made a few onesie dresses using your tutorial-I love them! Thanks for all the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are beautiful. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are absolutely precious!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love these little shoes and can't wait for a new grandgirl to make them for. Keep that wedding dress fabric scraps for her wedding day - When my daughters were married I made their ring pillow and garter from my wedding dress since they weren't interested in wearing it and I had carted it around for 25 years! They loved telling everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW....YOUV'E INSPIRED ME TO TRY TO MAKE MY OWN. I CAN'T FIND BELLERINA SHOES ANYWHERE AND I NEED SOMETHING JUST AS SPECIAL FOR MY TWIN DAUGHTERS CHRISTENING. GREAT JOB!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts