Laundry Bucket to Trash Can

12:26 PM

Have I crossed the line, even giving my trash can a makeover?
I don't know. Maybe.
It was sitting in my garage, and I was spray painting something else, and just grabbed it and went to town.

This is the trash can for my cutting table.  The laundry bucket is perfect for the little space, and since it is square, it fits even better.
So I:
1. Primed and painted the rim white.
2. Cut a scrap the height of the bottom
3. Glued the fabric on with Elmer's glue smeared in a thin layer, and hot glue along the top and bottom.
I'd glue one side, smoothing the fabric out, then flip in on the next side, working my way around to the back.
Definitely could live without a trash can covered in coordinating fabric.
But it took 10 minutes total, and I like it better.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Gone too far? This made me giggle. It turned out great...and if it makes you smile, it's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love recycling things like this!! Really fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm also guilty of decorating a trash can (http://www.cookcleancraft.com/2010/06/nesting-bathroom-bin-decoration.html). I think it's time to join Crafters Anonymous! Love how yours turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts