Advent Update

8:09 PM

We've been loving the advent candy envelopes.  It's ended up each night we go down in the basement, and our son tries to find the pouch with the treats.  We told our little guy an elf leaves us the chocolate, and we have to be good each day so he'll bring us more at night.  It's been fun for our little family, I've really enjoyed having them all on a little tree, maybe even better than my original plan.
When I originally made these last year, I'd wanted to string them in a garland.  Then I pulled them out this year and regretted making each envelope so big.  But now I'm glad they're larger, because they fit bigger chocolate!  Lately the elf has been leaving Ghirardelli squares...coupon from Costco!
I'm in the 2nd wonderful trimester of this pregnancy and have been chowing down.  I'm like a hobbit, eating multiple meals.  Like today having my third breakfast by 10:30.  So these chocolates are very welcome come evening, not that I haven't been eating handfuls of peanut M&Ms all day--another Costco coupon. 

Anyway, we love the treats and the little tradition at our house.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Loved the Hobbit reference...when I was pregnant I was the same way. Second breakfast, elevensies, lunch, tea, dinner, supper...they are all needed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! And that picture is so precious! I can't wait to have kids and share the joy of Christmas with them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, we love to hear from you!

Popular Posts